Wildseeds: The New Orleans Octavia Butler Emergent Strategy Collective and Looking at A Broad Present: “CrazySexyCool: A Weekend of Wildseeds Magic”
Friday, October 3 – Monday, October 6, 2014
Join Wildseeds in partnership with our allies and friends as we engage in community, love, fierceness, and the brilliancy of black and brown practices of healing, intellect, fashion, art, futurism, magic, and activism.
This weekend is Wildseeds’ opportunity to share the work of our collective, connect to our communities, recruit, and fundraise for future events and of course have much fun! Please email nolawildseeds [at] gmail.com with any questions about the weekend.
All events will be held at The Shadowbox Theater, 2400 St Claude Ave, New Orleans, LA 70117.
Full lineup with FB event pages containing more info about each event:
Friday, October 3, 2014, 7:00 – 10:00PM
Black Feminist Healing Revival
Saturday, October 4, 2014, 6:00 – 8:00PM
Cosmic Belonging: A Conversation on Afrofuturism, Sustainability, and Dreaming Black into the Future
Sunday, October 5, 2014, 2:00 – 5:00PM
Cosmic (Re)Dress: A Wildseeds Pop-Up Shop
Monday, October 6, 2014, 6:00 – 8:00PM
The Silences We Share: A Conversation on Domestic Violence in the Black Community
*In partnership with Women With A Vision, in honor of Domestic Violence Awareness Month*
Access Info for Events:
* The Shadowbox Theater is wheelchair accessible, including bathrooms.
* Fragrance: Lower-risk-of-fragrance-exposure seating will be available. Please note that the space will be saged prior to Friday’s event, and that we will be using a spiritual bath containing lavender, basil, florida water and additional herbs.
* Parking: You’ll find street parking on St. Claude and in the neighborhood adjacent to the theater.
* Transit: Buses are wheelchair accessible. You can take the 88 towards Jackson Barracks via St. Claude Ave. & Lower 9th Ward and get off at St Claude at St Roch , or take the 57 towards Southern University of New Orleans via St. Claude Ave. and get off at St Claude at St Roch.
* We regretfully share that we will not have ASL interpretation for this event.